- All our leather is hand selected from only the finest hides.
- Individually handcrafted by our Artisan leatherman
- Each strap is made in the USA and is as unique as the owners themselves.
- Our leather roof rack strap consist of two pieces that attach to each side of your roof rack.
- Minimum of 36" extending to 60" inches of usable strap length
- The width of each strap is 1-1/2”
- Will fit a majority of the roof racks on the market with exception of early EMPI racks, which are narrower than 3 feet.
- If you have a smaller rack, please contact The Vdub Hub for a custom fit strap
- We use copper rivets and chrome plated hardware buckles for long-lasting durability
- Each belt loop is individually hand formed and hand stitched to fit to each strap for proper friction
- We use a heavy gauge nylon thread that doesn't deteriorate by exposure from UV rays.
- Hand punched strap holes allow you a variety of tightening positions.
- Our attaching loop-through strap system secures the strap to your roof rack and prevents unfastening
- We use specially made hardware, not off the shelf half round steel
Our Durastrap leather roof VW rack strap consists of two pieces that attach to each side of your Volkswagen's roof rack. They measure approximately 3-feet when completely shortened and 65" inches when fully extended. This gives you almost 6 feet of length to secure your cargo.
Our straps will fit a majority of the roof racks on the market with exception of early EMPI racks, which are narrower than 3 feet. If you have a smaller rack, please contact The Vdub Hub for a custom fit strap. We use copper rivets and chrome plated hardware buckles for long-lasting durability. Each belt loop is individually hand formed and hand stitched to fit each strap for proper friction. This is a time-consuming process, but it ensures that the belt loops won't easily slide on the strap, causing the straps to flap while driving. Our black straps are made from premium Buffalo hides. This means that the leather is solid black from front to back and through the core. The leather is heavier and more pliable. We don't use cheap leather that is laminated on the top and bottom, because we don't believe in sacrificing quality. We use a heavy gauge nylon thread that doesn't deteriorate by exposure from UV rays. Hand punched strap holes allow you a variety of tightening positions. In most cases, you can fit 2-3 suitcases and an ice chest. Our attaching loop-through strap system secures the strap to your roof rack and prevents unfastening, unlike tie-down straps that use a hook at the ends and are prone to unhooking as the cargo shifts.
WARNING! Please read and agree to these terms before you purchase this product.
The attachment of this product is critical and beyond our control. We are NOT responsible for attachment, nor the installation. It neither guarantees nor will it be liable for any damages or injury resulting from the attachment or its improper use. The liability of this product is limited to its purchase price if this product proves to be defective in material and/or workmanship. This product is not designed for commercial use. Load securing capacity is not to exceed 100 pounds per each strap. Check the tightness of the straps every 20-30 miles of driving for tightness, just in case cargo and loads have shifted, causing the straps to loosen. To avoid injury, Children should not be allowed to use this product. Always inspect the leather straps for signs of wear before using. Because leather is a natural material, it is prone to degradation from usage over time and from elements such as the sun, UV rays, rain, and snow. If any part of the strap appears to be worn, torn or damaged, do not use. Periodic maintenance will prolong the life of the straps over time. We recommend using a good leather conditioner like saddle soap or Neetsfoot oil.
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I’m in love with these straps, quality leather with great price! Perfect for my 59 bug and roof rack. I have 2 vintage samsonite suitcases and a small vintage cooler strapped down on my rack. Great fit, super snug and secure, I’ve done 70+mph with them in the roof. Customer service was great, shipping was super fast.